Thursday, September 15, 2005

viele Grüße aus Deutschland

Hey I finally got internet here in my apartment! Everything is going well in Dortmund and I've already done quite a lot of stuff.

On my way over to Dortmund, I stopped in London and I checked out the city for the entire day. Everything was really expensive with the British pounds and all so I tried to only buy some food from the grocery stores. The city was cool becuase it had the European flair but they spoke English. Then I had to take a train to the airport at midnight and sleep on the floor of London Luton airport. (I originally was going to sleep in a hostel but I would not have been able to make it to the airport on time in the morning)

Here in Dortmund they planned all kinds of events for us. We have already been to Muenster, which is about an hour north of Dortmund and known for its classic German culture and its medieval architecture. Dortmund, however, is more modern but not a tourist destiation. Its a basic german city known for its industry, beer, and soccer. I went to see a game last sunday and Im going to see another on Tuesday against Arminia Bielefeld.

I live with two other guys, one German, the other from Iran. My room is the biggest one that I've ever had and I dont have to share it with anyone. Its even bigger than the one Danny and I shared in Bice. Out my windows, I can see the University Campus, the soccer stadium, and some nearby towns.

I went to a club last night in Bochum and it was an interesting experience. Apparently Germans like listening to music from the early 90s. I felt like I was at a wedding or something with songs like "Lets get excited (I just can't hide it)"

Beer is cheap at the student bars and its nice being able to drink alcohol everywhere! Sorry everbody.......

If you all want to, you can call me from skype or you can just send me some emails. Now that I have internet, I will be very easy to contact. And of course, check out the new photos.

No comments: